What Is in the Bag : Toddler Edition
affiliate links are included below. Bambini Travel receives a small compensation at no additional charge to you if you use our links. thank you!
While getting out of the house with toddlers isn't as hard as doing it with infants, if we're being honest it's still hard work. One of the biggest hurdles to getting out the door with my twins was having all of our gear ready to go. I have found that it is much easier to have our diaper bag packed and ready to go so that I can focus on getting myself and my little ones ready. Often this means that the night before I look at the next day and make sure my bag is ready to go. If I can't be that prepared, I at least pack the bag before I start trying to herd my kids into toilet tries and shoes.
Pictured is the diaper bag I used from the time our toddlers were around 15 months until they were toilet trained. It was significantly smaller than the one I toted when they were infants (you can read about what we carried for our babies here) but still big enough to carry everything we needed for most outings. When we got home, or later during naptime, I would quickly replenish anything we used before putting it back on the shelf by the door. That way, I knew it was ready to go when we needed to leave the house.
Most of the things included are due to the fact that toddlers get messy. Diapers leak, mud puddles get found, food gets spilled. Having supplies to clean up and change into dry clothes is key. The other main group is ways to keep toddlers happy. Water and snacks to keep bellies full if we get stuck somewhere. A couple books and simple activity to pull out if we have to wait somewhere. I also always pack a camera.
Most of the time this is just my smartphone, but sometimes I like to stick my big camera in as well. If I know we are headed somewhere more picturesque I tend to bring it. I make a lot of albums online with Shutterfly during the year to record our memories and I always make sure to take advantage of their occassional 101 FREE Prints offers! The days go by so fast, I love being able to look back at them in our albums and frames.
TODDLER DIAPER BAG PACKING LIST
Here is what we carried at all times (the amounts listed are for ONE kid, we obviously doubled):
* 2 Diapers
* Wet Bag or Gallon Sized Ziplock Bag (for dirty diapers and/or soiled clothes)
* Diaper Cream
* Diaper Wipes
* Hand Sanitizer (We loved this sanitizer/lotion)
* Diaper Changing Mat (ours came with the diaper bag)
* Change of Clothing (make sure it is a full change - sock included)
* Small Container of Cheerios or other snack
* Water Bottle
* 2 Paperback books (Thin for carrying. I tried to pick good read aloud choices or ISPY type books that are good for waiting rooms)
* Baggie for Each Kid with Easy Art Materials (Paper and Pen, Stickers, Post it Notes, Roll of Masking Tape, Crayons)
* Nuk (we had one pacifier user and one thumb sucker)
*Camera (smart phone or big camera)
* Keys & Cellphone (added right before I get the kids ready)
Remember to visit Shutterfly to receive Big Savings (with promo code BIGSAVINGS at checkout) write now!
comments powered by Disqus