Time of Year:
There are tables and benches inside and outside. Crowded on weekends though.
Child Friendly Food:
Amazing variety of healthy, kid-friendly food. Easy to find a meal for anyone.
Crowded, but strollers would fit most places, but if you have one that fits in a carrier that may be the way to go.
Parking is very limited - we recommend travelling by bus, boat, bike, or on foot.
Granville Island is a wonderful, family friendly spot. Here are some of the reasons we love it;
- It is open year round and although drafty, it is away from the more drastic elements.
- There is an amazing farmer's market full of exciting sights, smells, and sounds - not to mention delicious food.
- There is a playground on the island near the public market
- You can eat your purchases outside while watching the boats and water taxis.
- There is a Kids Market open daily with shops, a train caboose, and play area. (See the website for more info)
- Little Movers
- Tiny Tots
Inside or Outside:
- Open 7 days a week, most things open at 9am.
- You can get there by bus, boat, car, bike, and on foot - which is how we arrived. See the website for more specifics.
- Dress appropriately - it is usually drafty even though it is technically indoors and wear footwear that is good for walking. This is a large market!
- Bring a bag to carry your groceries.