My husband and I were born two days apart - so this is our joint birthday week and the one year anniversary of our blog, so in honor of all that we are celebrating by sharing a few of our favorite things with you lovely readers this week.
Today we are starting with our favorite places.
1. Children's Museums: and in particular the Madison Children's Museum. We have loved being close to this awesome place for young children. It has babies, water play, transportation play, inspiring art, natural outside space, and more. Children's Museums are great places for creating on a larger scale, inspiring imaginations, and practicing social skills.
2. Aquariums: especially the Georgia Aquarium. This is one that we visited on a brief weekend in Atlanta. I had been looking forward to visiting it for over a year and it did not disappoint. Huge, awesome, impressive. If you have a young child that likes underwater animals, there is nothing more exciting that pushing your face up against a gigantic tank of animals swimming.
3. Library: The most creative library in our area this past year was the Milwaukee Public Library. It recently renovated and the design is interesting and spacious. No matter how new or old your library might be, find one with a great children's librarian and it will quickly become one of your child's favorite places. On their third birthday, our twins had a miraculous agreeing moment when they both said they wanted to go to the library for their big day. Reading aloud to your child is absolutely the easiest and best way to support their development both as parents and teachers.
4. Riverside and Great Northern Railway: we love this little child friendly railroad ride. If you are in the Wisconsin Dells area with a train fan, make sure you find the time in between water parks and random attractions to go for a quiet, lovely train ride.
5. The Beach: The lake, the ocean. We are honestly not picky. We spent the bulk of the warmer days this year at our favorite beach at Devil's Lake State Park but wherever we are water and beaches are a huge hit with all four of us. Beaches are a fantastic place for experimenting with concepts like space and volume, exploring with your senses, and cooling off.
What is your favorite place to go with young children?
comments powered by Disqus